BMX is a great family sport for boys and girls (both big and small) raging in age from 3 to 60+. Nobody is too young or too old to have a go. Many kids start off and soon after there’s a partent or two rolling around the track as well because it’s just too much fun to sit back and watch.
You don’t need expensive equipment to get started, any bike will do. All you need is long pants/jeans, a long sleve shirt, gloves, shoes and a full face helmet. If you don’t have a bike or suitable helmet there’s a good chance the Club will be able to lend you one if you come along to one of our ‘gates nights’ so you can give it a try – we do have some spare gear and we’re happy for newcommers to have a go.
The Manly Warringah BMX Club is a small, friendly and social club. Some of our members race regularly at competitive events and others just want to have a social ride at our events held regularly. There’s no expectations for members to race, the only think we’ll ask you to do is have a good time.
The main tenants of the club are as follows:
- Have fun
- Learn new bike skills
- Develop an appreciation for healthy competition
Who can I talk to for more information?
Whilst the track is open to the public most of the time, Club members are usually at the track most Tuesday and Thursday evenings and on the weekend. Just come over and say ‘hi’ and we’re more than happy to have a chat. Alternatively go to our Contact page or connect with us via Facebook.
How can I join the Club?
Click the following link and signing up for a license through BMX Australia (make sure you select New South Wales/Manly Warringah as your club).
- To ride during club events (and train at gates nights) a valid BMX license is required (to cover insurance costs).
- We recommend taking out either a Club or Open license which will give you 12 months membership of the club, insurance for riding any bike and access to great deals with some of our supporters.
- Open licenses allow you to race at any club or event in Australia ($141.30/year)
- Club licenses allow you to race only at the Manly Warringah Club ($115.15/year)
- Riders under the age of 8 in the current calendar year normally take out a Sprocket license ($135/year)
- The littlest rippers take to the track on balance bikes and are known as Mini Wheelers (license $51.40/year)